As a Business Culture Awards subscriber, you’ll be notified about our upcoming events, news or changes to the site. Our updates also offer insights into wider topics relevant to HR, business management and leadership, including from our parent company Starboard. You will have the option to change your preferences at any time.
Who controls my personal data?
• The data controller is Business Culture Awards c/o Starboard Thinking Limited. It is registered in the UK, company number 09379182
• Registered address: 39 The Metro Centre, Tolpits Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire WD18 9SB
• The Data Controller’s representative is the Data Protection Officer
• You can contract the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
• You can call them on +44 (0)1727 847 398
• We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Certificate Number A8240863.
What type of information is collected from you?
The categories of personal data collected are your name, job title, company name, company address, business email and telephone.
How is your information used?
Your information may be used to:
• Deal with entries into the Awards;
• Process orders that you have submitted;
• Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
• Notify you about campaigns, upcoming events and changes to our websites.
What is the purpose and legal basis of the processing?
• At Business Culture Awards we will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data. This is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as a legal basis for processing personal data.
• GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’.
• By submitting your information you have accepted that you understand and accept this as valid legal basis for processing your personal data.
Who has access to your information?
• Unless we receive permission from you, or are required to by a court of law, your data will not be rented, or sold to anyone, or otherwise shared without your consent. The information you have provided will not be available to anyone other than employees, contracted service providers or sponsors. This data will be handled by said providers for purposes of contacting you in line with your preferences. We only work with GDPR compliant suppliers.
• In addition to any details you provide when using the site, we gather aggregate site traffic information. This aggregate data allows us to monitor browsing patterns and thus improve service.
Will the data leave the UK?
Business Culture Awards has advised all parties that data may not be transferrable outside the UK without submitting satisfactory proof of their safeguarding methods and proof of a certified privacy shield.
How long will the data be kept?
• The retention period for personal data is 5 years, in alignment with the average length of time an individual will remain in his or her current job post.
• Business Culture Awards will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or following receipt of a data subject’s request to do so; whichever comes first. The data subject reserves the right to change their preferences or withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.
Business Culture Awards confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
Managing your Preferences & Unsubscribing
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, there is a simple method to unsubscribe or change your preferences for any future correspondence.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1727 847 398. You will be given a link to unsubscribe on every communication.